We aim for a holistic growth of our students and lay equal emphasis on both academics and co-curricular activities. Our Campus is always buzzing with some or the other activity that keeps our students motivated. We guide students to discover and create their own understanding. Besides academics, co- scholastic activities form an integral part of the school curriculum.
Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge – Carl Sagan
Science involves a pursuit of knowledge causing General truths as the operations of fundamental laws. It aims to inculcate and improve scientific temper amongst our students. The students take keen interest in scientific activities and take the initiative to plan organize and evaluate various science related events.
The main objectives of science club are:-
- To explore the physical realm of our environment through experiments and establish evidences.
- To develop a scientific attitude and rational outlook towards life.
- The goal is to learn science with fun. Children love Science that allows them to perform hands-on experiments.
- This skill includes the following activities :-
- Visits to the National Science.
- Organizing Science exhibitions
- Organizing inter house quiz competitions.
The Maths club has been introduced with aim of making mathematics fun for students. It endeavours to help student’s group mathematical concepts better through activities like puzzles, shortcuts in calculations and games.
- Posters on Mathematical concepts.
- PPT on Symmetry in nature.
- Geometric designs using string art.
- Collage on application of Maths in real life.
- Models on rotational symmetry.
- Quiz role play of Mathematicians of the world.
- Portfolios on Mathematicians.
- Interview with Mathematicians.
- Group Discussion
- Time line charts on Mathematicians.
- Reports on ‘My favourite Mathematicians ’.
LITERARY AND CREATIVITY SKILLS
The students actively participate in literary and creative skills at school. This skill includes those activities where students get a chance to learn and exhibit his potential when it comes to Debate, Declamation, creative writing, Recitation, poster making, slogan writing, Theatre etc. After acquiring the skill the student is ready to participate in various inter and intra school competitions.
The activities are as follow:-
- Creative Writing
- Poster Making
- Slogan Writing
- Theatre etc.
ECO – CLUB
Eco clubs are one way to encourage interest and involvement of the students. The significance of club activities in that they help develop attributes and values such as collaborations, imagination determination and perseverance.
- Tree plantation drives.
- Organizing rallies and campaigns like: ‘ Say No To Crackers ‘ ‘ Save Water ‘ ‘ Save Energy ‘ ‘ Say No To Poly Bags ‘and ‘Clean and green city ‘.
- Projects initiated and undertaken for eco-friendly surroundings like Rain water Harvesting Project and regular maintenance of compost pits and green house in the school premises.
- Participation in various intra and inter school events.
- Participation in community activities related to ecology.
Arts club of Dilasagram Convent School Ballarpur provides an opportunity to the students to express themselves and think outside of the box. Our Arts Club gives our students a boarder view of art and many forms like Painting, Poster Designing, Clay Modelling, Collage, Cartooning, Pencil Drawing etc. By working collaboratively on a project, students learn to communicate more effectively, compromise when necessary and work hard where teams come together for a common goal. Students can explore their talents and build their confidence. This arts club provide a unique platform to discuss many different cultures, socioeconomic levels, and current events. The Arts Club caters to the needs of those students who have an aptitude for music, dance or other fine arts.
The goal of art club is to enrich student’s lives and compliment school-based art education. To empower the students to become confident, articulate and creative who will contribute as active. Practicing artists to hone in on their skills, develop their techniques and portfolios, collaborate with other artists like themselves, create bonds with the community through the arts, and learn how to work together through group projects that will beautify the school and community.
This club has great mission-to produce finest dancers and singers (Artists) from our school.It caters to the nourishment of the dance & Music skills of students in the every forms like full clasical ,semi classical and western.
Each class targets towards skillful progression to improve fitness levels, confidence, focus, concentration, team spirit, positive thinking, discipline, all round development, posture and body language.
The members of this club are keen on showing their talents in huge manner with the participation of minimum 100-150 students whenever there is an occasion of Christmas and Republic day. It was such an organized events that students were appreciated immensely for their Dance/Acting/Music talents.They conduct regular meetings and practice so that they can update ourselves and progress in Arts.
Yoga is discipline of the mind, body and soul which is much needed for the students’ mental, physical and emotional wellbeing. The yoga club trains the students in the yogic practices of asans and meditation to improve concentration. The students are trained in different asans and also suryanamaskar interesting facts about yogas and physical fitness are periodically updated in a bulletin board by the club members.